Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sharing love and inspiration


I came across this poem written by my brother especially for me many years ago when I was going through a divorce and a first of many major life changes. My brother was basically telling me what a strong person I am and will get through whatever life throws at me. The words continue to inspire and touch me, and are just as applicable today as I continue to overcome challenges as when this poem was written.

LITTLE TURTLE WHERE ARE YOU GOING?

From birth the little one wandered the world
Being insignificant to it's grandeur.
From it's youth he was alone
To go through life with questions,doubts,changes,
His problems were endured
His feelings sealed.
The questions of life still unanswered
In a world that was cruel,
Untamed, tarnished, malignant.
The little one crawled through life
Getting caught in the flaws of the world.
He fell beneath himself
To depths unknown.
The little turtle cried for peace,
But what is peace?
The little one was freed
Strong with self reliance,
Courage, Strength, Hope.
It embarked on other journeys,
Finding another to be joined
In all the cycles of life.
This was good for the turtle
For it found a soulmate.
Love was exchanged,
Beauty was given,
Knowledge was learned,
Peace was attained.
Fate is an everchanging being
Changing the balance of what is solid,
What we know,
What we fear,
What we are used to.
The little one saw fate changing.
Not being ready,
Caught, confused, saddened.
The stream of life from which it had started,
So slow, easy to follow
Has now become rapids.
Engulfing it were thunderous rocks;
Their names were Deceit, Denial, Anger.
The little turtle was drowning,
The world was still turning.
With selfish intent
A branch cut through the jagged waters,
Pulling the turtle to shore.
In more ways than one
The turtle was made known.
It did have love,
It did have beauty,
It did have importance.
With strength now gained
The little turtle jumped from the banks of life
Into the heart of the world
Turning with it as he went
Keeping all that he had learned
Fighting the arms of fate
Facing life fully
With STRENGTH, DIGNITY, HOPE.
I see the turtle every now and then
Swimming through the banks.
Where are you little turtle? I ask
I am following the stream
To see where it goes.
To a fresh spring in the mountains high
Where only eagles dare to fly
Where lands end and the sea begins
With all it's mystery before me
To enchanted places lost by man
Marveling in wonder and awe
This stream is my life,
My life has no boundaries.
Along my way I will have troubles
Predators on the banks,
Rocks to climb,
Sandbars to get through.
But I will overcome them,
They will be behind me.
My destination will be ahead,
And I will get there.

~ Ray Lipinski

No comments:

Post a Comment