Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daughters be good to your fathers.......thoughts of dad

I miss my father and the many things he did like fix my car, and jokingly give me a hard time for missing my plane every time I would visit my parents when they moved away to Hilton Head (one of my absolute favorite places). I miss his sense of humor and the stories I heard for the "hundredth time", and acted as if I had just heard them for the first time. Thank you dad for believing in me and loving me. Even though the words were often silent, I always felt them!

Thank you for teaching me so many things like learning to drive your John Deere tractor! My love of the water started when you would take us fishing on the weekends on Lake Erie, and then later when I learned to ski. And dad, even though you rarely let me drive the boat, I have become a pretty good captain; you would be proud of how I handle a boat now! I remember the happiest day of my life as you walked me down the aisle as you tried to hold back your tears, blaming your sinuses!

My words and emotions were often silent to you. I have grown much throughout my life which has come with many challenges as you well know, and the words "I love you" come easier for me. Dad, I wish I would of told you many times how I felt, the gratitude and appreciation for all the things you did for me. Always know in my heart that I love you, and when the day comes for me to join you I will embrace you with those words! Until then, pet Benson, keep those Cardinals flying my way, and keep your protective eye forever watching over me!

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet and loving tribute to your dad, Chelle! I know he's smiling. LL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle you were right when you said last night to make sure and read today. That was a beautiful tribute.I am certain he is watching over everything you do. Love Ya Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete